Date: Thursday, March 16, 2017
Time: 7:30 – 9:00 a.m.
Location: The offices of Gibbel Kraybill & Hess LLP, 2933 Lititz Pike
Attorneys Elvin Kraybill, Angelo Fiorentino and Doug Smith explain why a power of attorney may be one of your most important estate planning documents. This complimentary seminar explores whom to appoint as an agent and what powers to grant to the agent. Topics will include:
- Should I grant my agent the broadest powers possible?
- Will the bank accept my power of attorney document?
- Why not rely on guardianship proceedings?
- Can my agent manage my digital assets?
- What cautions should I have when selecting an agent?
- When does my power of attorney become effective, and when does it end?
- What fiduciary responsibilities will my agent have?
- Where should I keep my signed original power of attorney documents?
The seminar will also cover healthcare and mental health powers of attorney, addressing these questions:
- Why do I need a healthcare power of attorney?
- What is a mental health power of attorney and do I need one?
- When does a living will and health care power of attorney become operative?
- What if there is disagreement among my agents and family?
A light breakfast is included.
To register, call 717.291.1700 or email RSVP@gkh.com.