Attorneys from GKH’s Corporate Practice Group will discuss the pros and cons of benefit companies and nonprofit organizations. This seminar will be useful to both startups and existing businesses that have or hope to develop as part of their mission the goal of providing a public benefit or accomplishing a charitable objective. Attorneys Justin Bollinger, Angelo Fiorentino and Doug Smith will discuss the following topics:
- public benefit vs. charitable purpose
- choice of entity for benefit companies and nonprofit organizations
- formational and administrative requirements
- tax return filing requirements
- public charities vs. private foundations
- revocation and reinstatement of nonprofit status
A light breakfast is included.