Mel practices in the areas of real estate and general litigation, with extensive litigation experience in a wide variety of legal matters including construction litigation, complex commercial litigation, serious personal injury claims (including wrongful death claims), civil rights claims, real estate disputes and criminal law. Mel also provides legal counsel to individuals, businesses and nonprofits on a wide variety of matters. He practices in both state and federal court and has argued numerous cases before the appellate courts in Pennsylvania.
Mel also has significant experience in zoning, land use and municipal matters. He has handled hundreds of municipal hearings, representing landowners, neighbors and municipalities in all aspects of the zoning and land development process.
Mel is one of the three founding partners of the firm. He grew up in Lancaster County and has practiced law here for over 35 years.
- Seattle University, J.D.
- Franklin & Marshall College, B.A.
- Lancaster Bar Association, Civil Litigation and Civil Rights Sections
- Federal Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association
- The Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court