Marci practices in the areas of elder law, estate administration, estate planning, and disability and special needs planning for individuals and their families.
As part of the firm’s Estate Planning and Administration practice area, Marci works with individuals and families to create and implement estate plans that address clients’ specific needs and goals, incorporating the use of wills, trusts, powers of attorney, advanced healthcare directives, and other planning techniques in case of incapacity. In addition, Marci represents executors and trustees in their fiduciary capacities and assists them to properly and effectively administer estates and trusts.
Marci is also a member of our Elder Law Practice Group, where she is skilled at counseling clients about issues that particularly face the growing aging population. She is experienced in advising about long-term care planning and preservation of assets, Medicaid eligibility, long-term care placements in nursing homes and life care communities, nursing home residents’ rights, and retirement planning.
Prior to joining our firm, Marci represented clients in a small Harrisburg firm that practiced in the areas of estate planning and elder law. While in law school, Marci was recognized by the Miller Center for Public Interest Advocacy for her work in the law school’s Elder Law Clinic, and was granted the Cherie T. Millage merit fellowship for her work and dedication to the public interest. More recently, she served as a pro bono monitor of active guardianship cases for the Dauphin County Orphans’ Court. Marci frequently speaks to professionals and community groups about legal issues affecting the elderly.
- The Pennsylvania State University, Dickinson School of Law, J.D.
- University of Delaware, B.S.
- United Disabilities Services (UDS) Foundation, past board member/director
- Manheim Township Soccer Club, volunteer coach
- Lancaster Bar Association, Elder Law Section chairperson (2012-2013)
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Pennsylvania Association of Elder Law Attorneys
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Elder Law Section member